Iggy Azalea Signs Deal With Island Def Jam *UPDATE* Official Confirmation Statements Released



Iggy Azalea has inked a deal with Island Def Jam Records. The rapper made the announcement via her Twitter page.



This is the second major label Iggy has been signed to. In January 2012 she inked a deal with Interscope Records, although she came close to linking with Def Jam then.

"I think they [labels] have things that they specialize in. Def Jam, I love. I was super close to signing with them," she told Billboard at the time. "I think they're just the best team. I think they're really passionate about what they do and you can just tell that they're so hungry over there. But then you look at who they've got signed to their label and it kind of makes you be like, 'I don't know. Am I going to be the guinea pig here for this?' I don't know."



That situation was short lived. After it was announced the rapper would be aligning herself with Grand Hustle, and T.I. would oversee her major label debut, it was revealed she was no longer with Interscope.



Was she dropped? Did she leave on her own? There has never been a clear answer to those questions. Whatever the case, she has clearly landed on her feet.






“Iggy is a free agent,” Tip said last May," “She is a Grand Hustle artist.”



Iggy made it clear today that although she is now a Def Jam artist she will still be working with Tip.



"That doesn't mean I'm no in hustle gang. Save it. Still in it. Still on the hustle gang album. Friendship doesn't require contracts," she wrote on Twitter. "If this confuses you, you are welcome to read the press release on billboard later today."



**UPDATE**



Island Records president David Massey and Iggy have released official statements on the signing.


We are beyond proud and excited to welcome Iggy to the Island Def Jam family,” said Massey. “Iggy has created a massive buzz and rightfully so: she’s incredibly talented, she’s focused, driven, and has great creative tastes and instincts. She is nothing short of an international star, and the team here – including Steve Bartels, Chris Anokute, Karen Kwak, our chairman Barry Weiss and myself - are thrilled she’s chosen Island Records as her U.S. home.”



"I am elated to be a part of the Island Def Jam family!” said Iggy Azalea. “After speaking in depth with David, Steve and Chris, it became clear that Island Records was attuned to the type of artist I am. They are a great addition to my UK team. Along with T.I. and the Grand Hustle family, I couldn't have asked for a more understanding and aspirational group of people to work with."


CLICK Here To Subscribe To Dj Young Cee On Youtube

0 comments:

Post a Comment